Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Prayer: Ministry of the Interior


Pray for your friends. Enter into the ministry of the interior.


Give ear to my words, O Lord; give heed to my sighing. Listen to the sound of my cry, My King and My God, for unto You will I pray. O Lord, in the morning You hear my voice; in the morning I call to you and watch.


I search out the abyss and the human heart. I understand your innermost thoughts. No thought escapes Me. Nothing is hidden from Me.


Thank You for understanding my prayers even when I cannot give them voice. Thank You for Your Spirit who intercedes with cries and groanings too deep for words. O Lord, search out Your sheep, bind up the broken, pour oil on the wounded, bring back the wanderer. Your love, O Lord, is great. Your mercy extends from one generation to the next.


A bruised reed I will not break; a smoldering wick I will not snuff out.


Lord God, fill me with hope as I pray for Your people. Come and fill my heart with Your peace.

Amen ( Job 42.10; Genesis 4.9; Psalm 5.13; Sirach 42.18-20; Matthew 12.12,20-21, 34)


No comments: