Monday, June 18, 2007

Prayer: The Life Apart


Let actual circumstances be what they may. . .keep your eyes on Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus, teach me to maintain with diligence the secret life of prayer. . .come what may.

The "life apart" accomplishes more than all the acts of service done in My name.

Teach us to pray, O Lord. May we, Your people, be wise as serpents, harmless as doves.

Human choices made in freedom have consequences. . .

So many unintended consequences. . . forgive us for going our own selfish way. May we choose life with You. You, O Lord, are a shield about me, You're my glory, the lifter of my head.

The fear of the Lord is like a garden of blessing and covers a person better than any glory.

I choose to come to Your garden and feast upon Your delights. I come to walk and talk with You, my Lord and my God.

A "life apart". . .remember Christ and His rising early just to be with Me. A disciple is not above his Teacher, nor a slave above the Master. (Genesis 2; Psalm 3.3; Matthew 10. 8,16, 24)

No comments: