Thursday, June 7, 2007

Prayer: Ministry of the Interior


Oh, Lord, You call the question, Are you fulfilling the ministry of the interior? I confess that I am not -- far too often I allow my spiritual life to be frittered away. May I learn to bring everything to the Center, to constantly re-focus and be at one with You, O Christ. May You truly come to dominate every interest of my life. I incline my ear, my heart to You, O Lord. May the beauty of the Lord God be upon me and establish the work of my hands. I reach ever forward after the things of the Kingdom; may Your hand be upon me and may You set me where You will. Grant me eyes to look closely, an ear to listen attentively, a mind set upon all that You reveal, and lips faithful to declare what You have taught. Amen (Isaiah 55.3; Psalm 90.17; Ezekiel 40.1-4)

No comments: