Saturday, June 2, 2007

Prayer: Haunted by the Presence


Teach me, O Lord, the way I should choose. Teach me, O Lord, what is the fear of the Lord. May the whole of my life inside and out be haunted by the Presence of You, so that I live and move and have my being in You. May I look at everything that comes my way as in relation to You; allowing You to be my abiding consciousness at all times, ever pushing to the front, while my self and my selfish motives shrivel up and die and Your image becomes stamped upon my soul. O gracious God, do not deal with me according to the anger and envy I have shown, which You tell me comes from a hatred within -- a lack of wisdom and understanding. Forgive me, O loving Lord.


You have said that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; to depart from evil is understanding. O Lord, may wisdom take root in me and produce beautiful love, fear of You, knowledge, holy hope, and become an eternal inheritance in all future generations. Make Your instruction shine forth like the dawn, pour out Your teaching like prophecy. I cling to You, O Lord God Almighty. Strengthen me according to Your Almighty Power. May all future generations be blessed through me and may we be called Your holy people. Amen (Psalm 25.12; Romans 8.29; Job 28.12, 28; Ezekiel 35.11; Sirach 24.12, 18, 24, 32-33)

No comments: