Saturday, June 23, 2007

Prayer: The Crumbs that Fall


Sin has made the basis of things wild not rational.


O Lord, forgive me of my sins of omission as well as commission. Forgive me for wanting everything to be rational, and for questioning You when it is not.


You must realize that sin is a fact, not a defect.


Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.


Remember, I am a Man of Sorrows, acquainted with grief.


O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth. Heal, I pray, my child.


Come apart into a desert place and rest awhile.


Lord Jesus, I confess that I am exhausted. I come and sit by Your well.


Sit by the well and rest. Rest and gain power and strength. Rest and the work will come to you as it came to Me.


I rest before You, My Lord and My God. Let me hear the voice of My Beloved.


This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.


Circumcise our hearts, O Lord, so we may draw near You. Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the master's table.


(Isaiah 53.3; Mark 6.31; Psalm 8.1; Sirach 45.4-5; Matthew 15.9, 27)


No comments: