Monday, June 4, 2007

Prayer: Daring Intentions


Ah, Lord God, I thank You for never leaving me nor forsaking me. Glorify Yourself here and now, in this present minute in my life. Forgive me for creating false illusions thinking there is some exceptional, some extraordinary thing You must be shaping and equipping me for at some future point in time. May I live my life to glorify and honor you in each present moment. Shape me once again into another vessel as seems good to the Potter.


Ah, this chiseling, this shaping, this re-making can be so painful at times. When blessings disappear and dark clouds loom Your goodness and mercy, even Your Presence, become suspect. Our bones dry up and our hope is lost; we feel cut off completely from Your Presence, O Lord. Open our graves and breathe Your Spirit upon us so that we may live. Place our hope in Your daring intentions to make us a people of the Living God. Order all our ways, O Lord; grant beauty for ashes. Amen (Hebrews 13.5; Jeremiah 18.4; Job 30.16-17; Sirach 26.16)

No comments: