Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Prayer: The Echo of Christ


Come ye after Me. . .

O Lord, I abandon myself to You and Your purposes.

If you abandon to Me and come when I say "Come", I will continue to say "Come" through You. You will go out into life reproducing the echo of my "Come". . .

I look to You, O God. . .

Looking to Me, all your thoughts are God-inspired. Act on them and you will be led on.

O Lord, I humble myself before You. . .

The prayer of the humble pierces the clouds and it will not rest until it reaches its goal; It will not desist until the Most High responds and does justice for the righteous and executes judgment.

Ah, Lord God, bring peace to Jerusalem, Your Holy City. Bring peace to Darfur. . . Zimbabwe. . . Iraq. . . Lebanon. . . Afghanistan. . . Chad. . . the Congo. . . so many places, O God, so many souls. . .

Blessed are the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Let Your Kingdom come, O Lord. Let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen

(Mark 1.7; Sirach 35.21-22; Matthew 5.3)

No comments: