Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Prayer: Slipshod Bits


When times are difficult, you become a bit slipshod in your relationship with me, a bit distant. Watch the slipshod bits...


Ah, Lord God, it is true. I have been distant with You. Forgive me, Lord. In the midst of trying times, let endurance have its full effect so that I will be mature, complete, lacking in nothing.


When life seems hard and troubles crowd in, then very definitely look for causes of thankfulness.


May I, O God Almighty, learn to praise You no matter the circumstance, knowing You are sovereign, You are in control, You will see me through to the other side.


Hear, O Daughter, consider and incline your ear, I Myself will go down with You and I will also bring you up again.


Ah, Lord God, I want to be known as a follower of You. I want to be covered with the dust of my rabbi as we walk this road together. When I see the storm approaching, remind my heart that You are there, even in the midst of the storm and You will see me through.
(James 1.4; Psalm 45.10; Luke 9.23-25)

No comments: