Monday, July 23, 2007

Prayer: One Marvelous Secret

The one marvelous secret of a holy life is to let the perfection of Christ manifest itself in your mortal flesh.

May I learn to draw from Jesus the holiness that is manifested in Him.

Now set yourself to this task: allow nothing to disturb your peace with Me.

Forgive me for allowing the world and its worries and distractions in, for giving entrance to fears and despondency.

Let nothing offend you.

I commit my way to You; I trust in You to act. Make firm my steps and bring delight on the Way.

I will make your vindication shine like the light.

The Mighty One has done great things for me! By Your tender mercy You have let Your dawn break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.

(Psalm 119.65; Psalm 37.6, 23; Genesis 38.26, 30; Luke 1.25, 49, 78-79)




No comments: