Friday, July 13, 2007

Prayer: An Expectant Attitude of Faith


Can you get the expectant attitude of faith? Not waiting for the next evil to befall you, but awaiting with a child's joyful trust the next good in store?


May my life be steadily faced toward You, O God. May no one else be of any account whatsoever as I trust in You.


Know that I am with You and will keep you wherever you go. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.


To you, O Lord, I call; my Rock, do not refuse to hear me, for if You are silent to me, I shall be like those who go down to the Pit. Hear the voice of my supplication, as I cry to You for help, as I lift up my hands toward Your most holy sanctuary.


Take courage, my daughter; the Lord of heaven grant you favor in place of your sorrow. Take courage, my daughter.


Blessed by the Lord, for He has heard the sound of my pleadings. The Lord is my strength and shield; in Him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults and with my song I give thanks to Him.


Remember, it is what comes out of a person that defiles. For it is from within the human heart that evil intentions come: fornication, theft, murder, adultery, avarice, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, folly. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.


Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right Spirit within me.

May this be so not only for me, but for all future generations. Amen and amen.


(Genesis 28.15; Psalm 28; Tobit 7.15; Mark 7.20-21)


No comments: