Friday, July 20, 2007

Prayer: Drowsy Discipleship


Wait upon Me. Walk and do not faint.


On You, O Lord, I do wait. May I walk with You and be ever changed by Your Presence.


Walk with Me in this way: act only under Divine control, strengthened by Divine power.


May I wait upon You; ever quiet before You, resting in the simplicity that is in Christ.


Simplicity is the key; simply listen and obey.


I praise You, O Faithful One, for You have been with me wherever I have gone. I praise You, O Lord, for You have heard my cry.


Keep awake, ever alert, ever listening. Your spirit is willing, but your flesh is weak. Pray that you may not come into a time of trial.


Abba, Father, for You all things are possible. Keep me from a drowsy discipleship.


(Isaiah 40.31; 2 Corinthians 11.3; Genesis 35.3; Mark 14. 36,38)

No comments: