Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Prayer: Mouth Shut & Spirit Alert


Still yourself. Open your eyes to wonderful things in My Word. Be alert to what is happening in the world. See My hand in all things.

May I keep my mouth shut and my spirit alert to Your activity in the world around me. Teach me, my God and King, all things in Thee to see, and what I do in anything, to do it all for Thee.


Like Jacob, learn to bless and pray for those around you...even those who would be your enemies.


May I be ever willing to bless those around me. May I not fear those who do not know You. You, O God, are my ever-present Help in times of trouble; therefore, I will not fear though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam; though the mountains tremble with its tumult.


Be still and know that I am God. I am the Blessed Controller of all things.


Open my eyes, as You did the eyes of Daniel, so that I might perceive those things written in Your Word by Your prophets long ago. Pour out Your grace upon me so I am filled with a spirit of prayer and supplication, ever willing to make confession. You, O Lord,are great and awesome, keeping covenant and steadfast love with those who love You and keep Your commandments. As Your people, O Lord, we have sinned and done wrong, acted wickedly and rebelled, turning aside from Your commandments and ordinances. Righteousness is on Your side, O Lord, but open shame, falls on us...because we have sinned against You. To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against You and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God...We did not entreat Your favor, turning from our iniquities and reflecting on Your fidelity. We have disobeyed Your voice. O Lord, in view of all Your righteous acts, let Your anger and wrath, we pray, turn away from us...Now, therefore, our God, listen to the prayer of Your servant and to my supplication, and for Your sake, O Lord, let Your face shine upon Your desolated sanctuary. Incline Your ear, O my God and hear. Open Your eyes and see...we do not present our supplication before You on the ground of our righteousness, but on the ground of Your great mercies. O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act and do not delay! For Your own sake, O my God, act because Your people bear Your name.


Listen. . .you are greatly beloved! Blessed are the eyes that see what you see and the ears that hear what you hear. Stay alert; be vigilant in prayer.


(Ephesians 2.14; Genesis 47.7.10; Psalm 46.1-3,10; Daniel 9; Luke 10.23-24)

No comments: