Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Prayer: Only One Master of the Human Heart


See yourself as those around you see you, not as you wish to be. Walk humbly with Me.


May I extend to others the same favor You have lavished upon me, my Lord. When others look upon my face, may they see You.


Truly My eye is upon those who fear Me; upon those who hope in My steadfast love.


My soul waits for You, O God. You are my help and shield. I trust in Your holy Name. You alone make my heart glad! May Your steadfast love be upon me, O Lord, even as I place my hope in You.


There is only one Master of the human heart and it is not religion, but Jesus Christ. Do not be slow to acknowledge Him in all you do.


As I go about my day, I will acknowledge You and all that You have done for me. I will bless Your name and sing praise to You, O Lord.


When you wrestle with doubt and fear, do not be afraid. Peace be with you and your house. Bless my name forevermore.


You, O Lord, are One. May I learn to love You with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind, and with all my strength. Bless the Lord, O my soul; all that is within me bless Your holy name.


(Genesis 33.10; Psalm 33.18,20-22; Tobit 12.6; Mark 12.30)


No comments: