Sunday, July 1, 2007

Prayer: As a Hen Gathers Her Chicks


Most Holy God, I give up my right to myself. Let Your recreating forces begin to work in my heart and life, and in my children. You, O Lord, are my chosen portion and cup. You hold my lot. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage. Thank You for Your generosity.


O Lord, look down from Your holy dwelling and consider me and my descendants. Incline Your ear, O Lord, and hear; open Your eyes, O Lord, and see. Grant us hearts that obey and ears that hear; fill our mouths with praise for You. Turn us from our stubbornness and from being stiff-necked. Increase us, O Lord, so that we are no longer diminished. May we learn to bless even as we are blessed. Draw us to Your side; gather us to Yourself as a hen gathers her chicks. May we be radically changed by the nearness of Your loving heartbeat. Amen (Genesis 15.6; Psalm 16.5-6; Baruch 2.16-17, 31-34; Matthew 22)

No comments: