Thursday, February 1, 2007

Prayer: Building the Highway of Holiness

Ah, Lord God: May I release those things which are now behind me and willingly stretch forth my hand and heart to that which lies before me. I have been in a wilderness for so long, a dry and thirsty land, -- yet now You say it is time for gladness! You proclaim that the desert shall rejoice and blossom -- it shall blossom abundantly like the crocus in spring! Some of my crocus began to blossom here this week and it brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart when I discovered them in the garden. Strengthen me, O Lord, for that which You have planned, make my hands strong for Your work. Make firm my knees in prayer. May I not be fearful of heart for what lies ahead. You reassure me that I have nothing to fear for You are my God and You will come and open the eyes of the blind, unstop the ears of the deaf, and cause even the lame to leap for joy. You promise that You will even put a song of praise in the mouth of those who have been speechless. Amazing!

Ah, Lord God Almighty, may Your waters break forth in the wilderness and may there be streams in the desert. May we build up Your Highway of Holiness. You tell us that this Highway is for Your people and no traveler, not even fools, will go astray! Your redeemed shall come and they will have everlasting joy poured out upon them. You promise that they will obtain joy and gladness and their sorrow and sighing will flee.

You, O Lord, have blessed us with more than many, and You have called us to be in relationship with You as few have been. May You fill us with all joy and peace in believing so that we may abound in hope by the power of Your Holy Spirit. May it be our ambition to proclaim the Good News, activated by Your Holy Spirit and actuated by Your great love. Amen. (Philippians 3.13, Isaiah 35, 2 Esdras 10.57, Romans 15.13.20)

No comments: