Saturday, February 17, 2007

Prayer: Rising on Beautiful Spirit-Wings

Ah, Lord of Hosts, may I rise from the torpor of this age and simply do the next thing that is before me. Grant me eyes to see Your beauty in the commonplace. May I be filled with wonder knowing that You choose to come and grace me in the midst of the ordinary stuff of my life.

You are the One who stirs up the sea so its waves roar. Stir me, O Lord of Hosts. Fill me with songs of praise to Your glory and honor. Stir up remembrances of all You have done for Your people. May I seek Your Presence continually and glory in Your name. Put Your words in my mouth and hide me in the shadow of Your hand. May I emerge transformed in appearance, changed, rising on beautiful Spirit-wings, excelling in Your work, bringing glory and honor to You. Fill me with Your strength. Fill me with the knowledge that my labor is not in vain. (1 Kings 19.5, 1 Chronicles 16.8-12,23-25, Isaiah 51.11-12,15-16, Judith 10.7,8, 1 Corinthians 15.52,58)

No comments: