Saturday, February 24, 2007

Prayer: To Spend and be Spent


Lord God, I open wide my heart to You and to all those You send my way. Lord Jesus Christ, I invite You to help Yourself to my life wherever I am, wherever I go. You have given me the ministry of reconciliation. May the silent work of Your Spirit be released to draw others to us. May I learn to see all who come as sent by You and may I always grant them a warm welcome. I willingly share my love, joy, happiness, time, food, gladly with all. I will very gladly spend and be spent for You. I will use all I possess for others, blessing even as I am blessed.

Lord God, guide me continually and be my Living Water as I go into the parched places. May I be a well-watered garden, with a fresh spring constantly bubbling up, whose waters never fail. May I be a repairer of the breach, the one who builds a firm foundation for future generations. I open wide my heart to You. Amen (2 Corinthians 2.15, 2 Corinthians 5.18, Isaiah 58.11-12, 2 Corinthians 6.13)

No comments: