Monday, February 26, 2007

Prayer: Deep Wells of Doubt


Lord Jesus, I confess that I am like the woman at the well; I am impressed by what I hear, but I don't see how You can do what you say in my life. The well is deep and I don't know how you will draw up the living water of which You speak. I confess that I have often doubted Your almighty power to work out the details based on my finite understanding. Forgive me, Lord, and grant me faith; even that of a mustard seed, for You say it is enough.


May I no longer be like a King's daughter who sits in rags, while all around me are my Father's storehouses filled with all I could possibly desire. You speak to me, Arise, shine; for Your light has come. O Lord, let Your light shine upon me, let the glory of the Lord rise upon me. May I lift up my eyes to see whom You have gathered, whom You have brought my way. May I see what You are doing and be filled with joy and radiance. Strength, O Lord, comes from You, for in the sight of heaven there is no difference in saving by many or by few. May I do that which is right in Your sight, as well as in the sight of others. Amen (John 4.11; Luke 17.6; Isaiah 60.1-5; 1 Maccabees 3.18; 2 Corinthians 8.21)

No comments: