Friday, February 16, 2007

Prayer: Morning by Morning

Morning by morning You awaken me, O God. You rouse me up to hear Your Word in this dry and thirsty land. You make me aware of those around me who are hurting and searching for hope. Grant me, I pray, the tongue of a teacher so that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word. Your strength does not depend on numbers, nor Your might on the powerful. But You are the God of the lowly, Helper of the oppressed, Upholder of the weak, Protector of the forsaken, Savior of those without hope. Use my voice to encourage others to yet trust in the name of the Lord my God and rely upon You rather than seeking to light their own fires.

I wait on You, O Lord, knowing that You have designed the things that are now and those that are to come. All Your ways are prepared in advance and Your judgment is with foreknowledge. I place my trust in You and wait before You, O God. May I build up those around me and speak words of encouragement and consolation. (Ephesians 5.14, Isaiah 26.3,1 Chronicles 15.12,13, Judith 9.5-6, 11, 1 Corinthians 14.3)

No comments: