Sunday, February 11, 2007

Prayer: Kept In Perfect Peace

Ah, Lord God, may I remember Whose I am and Whom I serve as I go about each day. Keep me in perfect peace as I choose to constantly re-engage my imagination with thoughts, images, and remembrances of You. May I wait on You and keepYour way.

Go before me, O Lord, and show me the way. Level out the mountains of difficulty, break into pieces the doors of bronze that refuse to open, cut the bars of iron that close off the way. I praise You for the times of darkness and depression that have come in my life. During those times You have granted me treasures as I turned to You; riches beyond compare which were hidden away in the darkness. I learned to trust in You and have come to know it is You who called me by name and that You will not forsake me.

You, O Lord, are the Potter and I am the clay. You fashion me into the vessel You think best to accomplish Your purposes. What right do I have to ask You, the Potter, What are You making?! May I simply be responsive to Your fashioning and intentions. O Creator God, hear my prayer. I place myself in Your hands and humble myself before You. May I let Your light shine through me. May I be a vessel of honor to You, bringing You all the glory. Amen (Isaiah 26.3, Psalm 37.34, Isaiah 45.2-3,9, 1 Cor. 9.16)

No comments: