Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Prayer: Freedom

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. When I abandon myself to You, O Spirit of the Living God, then You are able to work through me all the time. May I not worry about tomorrow, but simply take one step at a time with You. Remind me that I do not need to see far ahead, I simply need to trust in You. Where You go, Lord, I will follow.

You, O Lord, provide living water. Wash me, O God, with the pure water of Your Word. I come to You, I incline my ear, I listen once again so that I may live Your abundant life now at this point in time, in this specific place. Your thoughts are not my thoughts, Your ways are not my ways. Your ways are far higher than the heavens -- may I choose to rise and fill my heart with Your Word. Your Word goes out from Your mouth and it shall not return empty, but it shall accomplish that which You have purposed. It will succeed in the thing for which You sent it.

For discord, O Lord, bring peace. For unrest, O Guardian of my heart, bring joy. You, O Lord, bring restoration, healing, and hope -- true Shalom. May I live, walk and serve in this freedom, to Your honor and glory. Amen (Matthew 6.34, Isaiah 55, 2 Corinthians 3.17)

No comments: