Sunday, April 29, 2007

Prayer: Gracious Uncertainty


Lord God, may I choose to live in gracious uncertainty, ever ready to do Your bidding. Even though I may not know what a day will bring forth, keep my heart open for Your surprise visits. Restore me to You, O Lord. Grant me the wisdom that sits by Your throne, and do not reject me from among Your servants...send her forth from the holy heavens, and from the throne of Your glory. Send her, that she may labor at my side and that I may learn what is pleasing to You...for a perishable body weighs down the soul and this earthly tent burdens the thoughtful mind.


May all that I do be done with gentleness born of wisdom. Fill me with the wisdom from above that is pure, peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without a trace of partiality or hypocrisy. May I sow in peace so I may reap a harvest of righteousness. Amen (1 John 3.2; Lamentations 5.20-21; Wisdom of Solomon 9.1,4,10,15; James 3.13,16)

No comments: