Thursday, April 12, 2007

Prayer: Eternal Life Has Nothing To Do with Time


Lord God, may I come to fully realize that eternal life has nothing to do with time -- it has to do with how I choose to live my life each moment. May the great, full life of God invade every part of me. O, Holy Spirit, make me attentive so I recognize the Presence of God in the ordinary experiences of life. May I choose to practice daily those things that are within my power to do (prayer, study of the Word, good works) so I may experience the grace of God flowing in and through me, allowing this regular attention to You and this training in the life of the Spirit to empower me to do what is far beyond my power. I revere You, O Creator God, and choose to live according to Your Word. Pour out Your Spirit upon me richly through Christ Jesus, making me an heir of eternal life in the here and now. When others look at me may they know that I have been with Jesus. Amen (Romans 6.11; Ezra 7.9; 4 Maccabees 11.5; Titus 3.6)

No comments: