Sunday, April 15, 2007

Prayer: Eternal Concentration


Lord God, help me to realize that nothing is a mere detail to You. May I be moved to prayer about all things, but then narrow my focus to concentrate on a few things until they are done. Thank You for providing strength for my daily, hourly tasks.


O Lord, let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open to hear the prayer of Your servant. May I be of the same mind as Abraham, and the mother of the seven faithful sons in 4 Maccabees. May I refuse to be swayed by that which is momentary; grant me eternal eyes and a mind that seeks to draw the attention of others to the eternal. I give the futures of my children and grandchildren to You. May I pay greater attention to what I have heard so that I do not drift away from that which has eternal significance. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation. Amen (Nehemiah 1; Jeremiah 43.2; 4 Maccabees 14.20; Hebrews 2.1)

No comments: