Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Prayer: Actuated by Different Motives


I confess, O Holy Spirit, that I am guilty of wanting You to simply be a guest in my life. I confess, too, O God, that when Your Word says I must forsake all I have to be Your disciple, I am inclined to think only of material things. The reality is. . . I must forsake all of my rights. . . to myself.
It takes Your omnipotence to live the life of Christ in the flesh today. You, O Holy Spirit, must be allowed to invade, to permeate everything. You call us to be a peculiar people; people actuated by different motives; people living out Your love; people filled with Your joy. Our beliefs are meant to be embodied in our lives. If the way of Christ is true and lifegiving, then the world should be able to look at us and see that Way personified in all we do and say. You, Lord Jesus, gave Yourself for us to redeem us and purify us as a people who are zealous for good deeds. May we be all You imagined us to be. Amen (Luke 14.33; Ezra 6.22; Jeremiah 39.18; 4 Maccabees 10.15; Titus 2.11-14)

No comments: