Saturday, May 19, 2007

Prayer: Safe in Your Hands

Ah, Lord God, when I do not even know who I am, I can trust that You know my name, You hold me in the palm of Your hand, You know my heart and mind, so I do indeed have weight and substance and significance. I rest knowing all is safe in Your hands. You, O Eternal One, are my Refuge and my Rock. Underneath me are Your everlasting arms. You have determined the number of my days on this earth and the number of my months is known by You. My heart, O Lord, was made by You, and You have appointed the bounds I cannot cross. I turn to You, my Creator and my God, and rest knowing all is safe in Your hands. For the sake of Your Name, may I live up to the true identity that You have fashioned for me. Amen (Deuteronomy 33.27; Job 14.5; Ezekiel 20.9, 14; Sirach 10.12; Rev. 2.10)

1 comment:

Hailey said...

The last line of the prayer is so meaninful to me. A lot of time I feel like i'm not even close to living my true identity in Christ - oh how I strive daily to be there. I'm so thankful to have the Lord with me on this journey. wouldn't want it any other way.