Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Prayer: Knowing the Hope of His Calling


Lord Jesus Christ, may I come to know the hope of Your calling on my life. May I remember that for which I was saved -- that the Son of God might be manifested in my flesh. Let Your Spirit fill me and so overflow in my heart and life that I go out into the world to heal the broken-hearted, preach deliverance to the captives, recovery of sight to the blind, and set at liberty those who are bruised; freely proclaiming Your favor. Train me to strive untiringly for the things of the Kingdom. Fill my heart and mind with Your Word and keep me meditating on it at all times. Grant insight to my mind and grant my desire for godly wisdom rather than choosing to be wise in the ways of the world. May I not lose that for which I have worked, but may I receive Your full blessed reward. Amen (Luke 4.18; Sirach 6; 2 John 8)

No comments: