Monday, May 14, 2007

Prayer: A Delight & A Joy


Ah, Lord God, it is the disagreeable things in this life which come along and make me exhibit whether or not I am manifesting Your life to a watching world. Do I manifest the essential sweetness of the Son of God, or the essential irritation of myself apart from You? Tell me, O Thou whom my soul loveth, where Thou feedest, where Thou makest Thy flock to rest at noon. O dear Shepherd, may I learn to trust in Your guidance; abiding in Your stillness, in Your sweet care.


I recall David, who started as a lowly shepherd boy, learning to love and worship You as he pastured his sheep. Though his beginning was small, his latter days were very great. Fill my heart with trust, my mouth with laughter and my lips with shouts of joy. May I stand firm in Your love and grace and be consistent in my walk and my talk. May I be quick to hear and deliberate in answering. Fill me with Your love and may I come to see that abiding in Your love and commandments is not a burdensome thing, but a delight and a joy. Amen (Song of Solomon 1.7; Job 8.7, 21; Sirach 5.10-12; 1 John 5.3)

No comments: