Thursday, March 1, 2007

Prayer: Your Word is Life & Healing & Strength


The Word of the Lord pierces even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit. . .
Lovest thou Me?


Your Word, O God, hurts as no sin can ever hurt; for sin blunts feeling and clouds perspective. Your Word removes all deception and cuts to the quick, leading to the great point of revelation in heart and soul. Your Word is life and healing and strength. Speak Lord, for Thy servant heareth. You call me to serve You with singleness of heart and mind; ever searching my heart, my plans and motives. May I seek You with my whole heart, becoming strong and courageous as I follow You. Finish the work You have started, O Lord. Bring those alongside who have skill for every task and willing hearts to join in Your work.

I praise You, O God, for Your graciousness and favor, for Your abundant steadfast love, and for Your mercy. Thank You for being my Savior in all my distresses, for coming to me to comfort me with Yourself rather than sending messengers or angels. Thank You for Your presence. I praise You for being my Constant One. Thank You for lifting me up and carrying me all my days. My Redeemer from of Old is Your name. Fill me with Your love and open my heart and mind to Your divine jealously. May I guard as precious Your great love for me. Amen (Hebrews 4.12; John 21.17; 1 Samuel 3.10; 1 Chronicles 28.9-10, 20-21; Isaiah 63.7-9, 16; 1 Maccabees 6.44; 2 Corinthians 11.2)

No comments: