Monday, March 5, 2007

Prayer: Finishing My Course with Joy


...so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord...Your Spirit brings to mind Eric Liddell's quote from Chariots of Fire, I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure. Fill me with the joy of knowing I am perfectly fulfilling that for which I was created and regenerated.


Before You formed me in the womb, You knew me... and before I was born You consecreated me and appointed me to go to all whom You send and speak Your Word without fear. But God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love, and of a sound mind. I can move into new situations, new relationships knowing You are with me...always.


I have been crucified with Christ so that I might live to You. I no longer live, but Christ lives in me and Christ grows in me more each day. It is You, O Christ, recreating me into Your image. It is not me trying to become more like You. May I rest in the Truth of Your Word and experience Your pleasure, O God. Amen (Acts 20.24; 2 Tim. 1.7; Jeremiah 1; Galatians 2.19-20)

No comments: