Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Prayer: Spiritual Wisdom & Understanding


Lord God, forgive me for not being as intimately acquainted with You as Jesus was and as He would like for me to be -- for He prayed that I would be one with You even as You were with Him. May I become so one with You that I cease to function except through You, that I become Your will. May I truly be able to say wholeheartedly, I delight to do Your will, O God.


Fill me with the knowledge of Your will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that I lead a life worthy of You, fully pleasing You as I bear fruit in every good work and as I grow in knowledge of You. I grant You first place in everything, allowing You to direct my steps. May I proclaim You to everyone in all wisdom, ensuring all feel welcome in Your Presence, so we might stand before You mature in Christ. I call upon Your powerful energy to strengthen me as I serve You in great love, O Source of my Strength. Amen (John 17.11; Psalm 40.8; Colossians 1)

No comments: