Friday, March 9, 2007

Prayer: Kingdom Values


Lord Jesus, may I naturally live a life of absolute dependence on You. I realize more each day that nothing I do is too small in Your eyes. Thank You for reminding me that in Your sight a little sparrow is of more value than a palace, and if all I ever deliver is a kind word to someone in need it is of more value in Your eyes than a stateman's speech. May I be humbled by this and pray to know You more intimately and understand Your Kingdom values rather than get caught up in what the world values.


O Lord, forgive me for taking my eyes off You; heal my sphere of influence and begin to heal the world. You, O Lord, are great and greatly to be praised. You establish boundaries for the sea; establish clear boundaries for me so I may stay ever close to You and enjoy Your peace and rest. May I sow to the Spirit so I may reap that which is eternal. May I not grow weary in well-doing so I may see the harvest You have planned. Grant, O Lord, grace and strength. Amen (2 Chronicles 7.3; 2 Chronicles 7.14; Jeremiah 5.22-23,25; 1 Maccabees 11.8,12; Galatians 6.7-9)

No comments: