Thursday, March 15, 2007

Prayer: The Living Word


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...


You who are the Word, I hear Your call to have the mind of Christ in any given matter. I confess that I can only do this if Your Word abides in me. Your Spirit can only bring to remembrance that which I have allowed to enter my mind and heart. O God, bring the peace that passes all understanding as I seek to have the mind of Christ when I pray and intercede. Wash me with the fresh Living Water of Your Word. Come and fill my heart with Your peace. May I choose to invest my time and energy by feeding on Your Word. May I truly listen for Your voice as I sit quietly before You. Teach me to pray in the Spirit at all times. May I keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints. Make me fit for Your work, O God. Amen (John 1; Phillipians 4.7; Jeremiah 11.4; Ephesians 6.18)

No comments: