Thursday, March 8, 2007

Prayer: Joy of Spring


Ah, Lord God, thank You for the joy of spring. May I experience it in full measure as earth unfolds her joys and treasures, and sheds her long months of dreariness and travail. May I revel in the wonderful joy of her rebirth of beauty. I know that believing certain things about You brings healing and help, but knowing You and sensing Your Presence in a flower, Your message in its beauty and perfume brings healing in new ways.

Oh Lord, I stretch out my hands to You; hear from heaven, for You know my heart and You know what needs to be healed in my life. Reveal to me those areas where I have not relinquished all to You. I break up the fallow ground and remove the thorns. May I encourage others by guiding them to see You in this beautiful season. Teach me, O my God and King, to live by Your Spirit, for if I live by Your Spirit I will be guided by Your Spirit. Amen (Song of Solomon 2.12; 2 Chronicles 6.28-30; Jeremiah 4.3; 1 Maccabees 13.2-3; Galatians 5.16, 25)

No comments: