Saturday, March 3, 2007

Prayer: Oneness


Oneness with You, O God. I wonder, what does that look like? You remind me that Christ was One with You, and He was sent to earth to be spent for us. I am also reminded that Christ said, As the Father hath sent me, so send I you. May I think often of You. May I look to You more. It is only then that I will unconsciously grow to be like You. We all with open face beholding...are changed into the same image...even as by the Spirit of the Lord. O God, grant me wisdom and knowledge. Pour out Your grace upon me.

As like the days of a tree shall the days of My people be and My chosen shall long enjoy the work of their hands. May I be like a tree planted by rivers of living water, and may my roots sink down deep into You. May my days be like the days of a tree, and may I enjoy the works of my hands. May I bear fruit that is pleasing to You in due season. Your Spirit reminds me to examine myself to see if I am living in faith. May I become steeped in the realization that Christ lives in me. Thank You for hearing this prayer before I cried out to You. Thank You for answering before I finished speaking. Marvelous are Your ways, O God. Amen (2 Corinthians 3.18; 2 Chronicles 1.10; Isaiah 65.22, 24; 2 Corinthians 13.5)

No comments: