Thursday, March 22, 2007

Prayer: The Secret of the Burning Heart


Ah, Lord Jesus, may I learn the secret of the burning heart that will go with me throughout my day and influence all my relationships (family, work, friends, acquaintances, and unknown persons with whom I come in contact). I confess that it is the long, dull, dreary day with commonplace duties and people that kills the burning heart in me. O Lord, re-ignite the fire within. Help me see that I cannot have a need that You, O Creator God, cannot supply. I may not know what to do in a given situation or interaction, but I can be still and let the fire of Your love be re-kindled within me.


May I be like clay in Your Hand, for You are not a passive God, but You actively form me and Your faith community in unseen and unacknowledged but powerful ways. May I stand still and see You, my Creative and Resourceful God, at work pulling, tugging, stretching, shaping as You see fit.


May I clothe myself in compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, patience, and above all else, love. Bind everything in my life together in perfect harmony, O Lord. May everything I say and do glorify You. May I see that love wins. Thank You for caring about my heart, O God. Amen (Luke 24.32; 2 Chronicles 20.12, 15, 17; Jeremiah 18.6; Colossians 3.12-17)

No comments: