Friday, August 31, 2007

Prayer: The Full Flood of My Life

May I come to fully know the full flood of my life, the Living Water springing up within me, is not dependent on my bodily heath, not in external happenings, not in seeing successful service; but in the perfect understanding of You, O God, and being in communion with You, even as Christ was in His time here on earth. May I no longer allow the cares of this world to choke out Your Word in me. I give thanks to You, O God. I give thanks for Your Name is near. You are Jehovah-Shammah, the God Who is There and Is Not Silent. Thank You for sparing me a thought.

Thank You for forgiving us and reconciling us to Yourself. Give us a reciprocal compassion on all those around us. Guide us by Your Spirit into all Truth. Thank You for reminding me that I will have pain, but it will be turned to joy. I cling to You and the promises of Your Word. You, O Lord, are my Strength, the Strength of my Heart, and my Joy forever. Amen.

John 15.11; Psalm 75.1-2; Jonah 1.6; John 16.13, 20

No comments: