Saturday, August 18, 2007

Prayer: Rejoicing in the Little Stones In the Way

It is not the Way, but the loving rejoicing in the Way and the Guidance that matters with my disciples. You are ready for the Guidance, but you do not rejoice as you should in the little daily stones in the Way.

O Lord, may I rejoice simply to be in the Way, and go out boldly wherever You lead.

Do not be afraid. Stand still and see the deliverance that comes from My hand. Trust and be still.

For You alone my soul waits in silence; from you comes my salvation. You are my fortress, I shall never be shaken. For You alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from You. You alone are my Rock and my Salvation, my Fortress; I shall not be shaken. On You, O God, rests my deliverance and my honor. May I trust in You at all times.

Return to the Lord Your God, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity. Take words with you and return to the Lord and say, 'Take away all guilt.'

Thank You for Your mercy. Grant Your Spirit without measure, O God. May I serve you by becoming less so that Christ becomes more in the lives of others around me.
(Exodus 14.8; Psalm 62.1-2, 5-8; Hosea 14.1-2; John 3.34-35)

No comments: