Sunday, September 2, 2007

Prayer: Unseen Footprints




Father God, I come to You as a trusting child, seeking You and a time of refreshing. May Your Living Waters flow through me. May I not be set on any particular economy here below, but simply abandon myself to the flow of You and Your Kingdom. Grant eyes to see Your marvels unfolding all around me. Your wonders are beyond what I could ask or think; truly a beautiful garden of hope. May I water this garden of delight carefully with a grateful, generous spirit and a loving heart.

I recognize You as my Shepherd King, who brought me out of Egypt with a mighty hand. You brought me out of the dry, stark, weary places to a land of beauty and delight. Your Way, O God is holy. What God is so great as You? Your Way was through the sea; Your path through the mighty waters; yet Your footprints were unseen. Only looking back do I see Your gentle leading. Grant eyes to see and a listening ear ever attuned to Your Voice, Your leading on the Way.

John 18.37; John 20.28; Exodus 29.46; Psalm 77.13, 19; Jonah 3.10

No comments: