Friday, September 28, 2007

Prayer: Transform & Transfix

O Lord, transform me and transfix me with Your gaze. May I walk with confidence in You and find peace and rest that no other one can give. I bless You, O my Lord, with all that is in within me, I bless Your holy Name. I call to mind all Your benefits and re-play them over and over in my mind so that I do not forget them: You forgive me of all those things I try to do in my own strength without seeking You, You heal all my diseases, You redeem my life from destruction, You crown me with steadfast love and mercy, You satisfy my mouth with good things and renew my youth like an eagle's. In thankfulness, may I render true judgments, show kindness and mercy, respect those who are marginalized and oppressed, and live with a clear conscience toward all.

Psalm 103.1-5; Zechariah 7.5, 9-10

No comments: