Sunday, September 30, 2007

Prayer: Kick out the Whine

Lord God, I ask You to make me new wine for others. May I no longer object to those fingers You choose to bring into my life to crush me to bring forth that wine. May I kick out the familiar whine during those times of crushing.

O Holy One, grant me strength for each day's tasks. I give thanks to You, my Strength and Provider. I call upon Your Name. I make known Your deeds among Your people. I sing to You, I sing praises to You. I tell of all Your wonderful works. I glory in Your Holy Name. Let my heart rejoice as I seek You. I return to You, for You are my Stronghold. May I be a prisoner of Hope, trusting in Your love and grace and mercy to see me through each and every moment of every day.

Psalm 105.1-4; Zechariah 9.12

No comments: