Sunday, September 16, 2007

Prayer: An Eternal Effectual Way

Lord God, may I learn to pray about, to ask for, those things that are in keeping with Your will and Your revealed character. May I learn to do things not in "fits and starts", but in an eternal effectual way. Fill me with Your quietness and assurance. May I live in Your shadow and trust You in all, even when the fig tree does not bloom, when the fruit does not set, and when we are cut off from the fold. May I always be able to recognize You and call to mind the words of the prophets and find in them Your Voice and Your promises. You, O Lord, are my Hope and Strength. You, O Lord, are the Author and the Finisher of my faith. I place my hand in Yours; lead on, O King Eternal.

Isaiah 32.17; Psalm 91; Habakkuk 3.17-19; Acts 13.27

No comments: