Monday, September 17, 2007

Prayer: Pour Over Me Fresh Oil

Ah, Lord God, there are no short-cuts to intimacy with You. Lead me, O God. Teach me to abide. Forgive me when I step out on my own. Pour over me fresh oil. May I flourish like the palm trees in the house of the Lord; like the cedars of Lebanon. May I still produce fruit in old age. You, O Lord, are my Rock. There is no unrighteousness in You. May I turn from worthless things and seek Your face.

Your great day is near, it is hastening fast. The sound in the earth right now is bitter; it is full of distress and anguish, devastation and gloom. At times, O Lord, Your face seems hidden in clouds of unknowing and thick darkness. May I be one who speaks Your Word boldly and testifies to the Words of Your grace.

Psalm 92.10, 12-15; Zephaniah 1; Acts 14.3,15

No comments: