Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Prayer: My First Instinct

No matter the circumstance, may my first instinct be to pray. Fit me, O God, for this greater work of prayer. May I turn aside to meet with You and be prepared in heart and mind to hear Your voice. I am but an ordinary person; but You have chosen me for such a time as this. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem. I pray for the peace of Your people; be their refuge and strong tower. Enrich me through the power of Christ. Pour out Your grace on me in every way so that I may reveal Christ to others in speech and knowledge of every kind. Strengthen me so that I will be blameless in the day of Christ (I wonder aloud, O God, is this possible?). I know that with me it is not possible, but with You all things are possible.

Number 7.89; Psalm 122.6-7; Esther 4.8,14; I Corinthians 1 4-9

No comments: