Sunday, October 21, 2007

Prayer: Exceptional in Ordinary Things

Lord God, may I learn to be exceptional in ordinary things; a disciple in all things. May I keep a listening ear ever inclined to hear Your Voice, Your Spirit, Your gentle knocking upon my heart's door.

May I not get bogged down with negative circumstances or misfortune, and start complaining needlessly. I look instead to You, the Author, the Perfecter, the Finisher of my faith and know in Your hand is unlimited power. I wait for the fulfillment of Your Word with expectation and hope. You, O Lord, have done great things for me and I will rejoice! Fill my soul with laughter. I feast upon the Bread of Sincerity and Truth, and put aside malice and envy. You, O Lord have done great things for me and I will rejoice!

Isaiah 55.3; Psalm 126.3; Esther 5.13; 1 Corinthians 5.7-8

No comments: