Thursday, October 11, 2007

Praise: The Grace of Silence


Ah, Lord God, may I be willing to sit in silence and hear what You are teaching me through that silence. May I be willing to engage in rigorous thinking and devout meditation on Scripture to know You and understand Your purposes more fully. I publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all Your wondrous works. May I be ever open to being made new by You and by the Power of Your Holy Spirit. I still myself within and attend to Your Voice.

I love You, Lord, for You hear my voice and incline Your ear to me. Thank You for my afflictions which draw me ever closer to You. I stand only through faith. I stand in awe of You. May I continue in Your kindness. Thank You for Your irrevocable gifts and calling.

Psalm 26.6-7; Psalm 116; 1-2,10, 15; Romans 11.5, 20, 22, 29

No comments: