Thursday, January 17, 2008

Musing: Excuses, Excuses! or...Confession is Good for the Soul

Perhaps you've noticed that I haven't posted a prayer since November 6th. That is the day I left for my whirlwind trip:
First stop: Catching up with my son in Chicago;
Second stop: Visiting London and Amersham in the UK (sightseeing and assisting my sister-in-law in her search for the Mills family relatives);
Third stop: Visiting my daughter and her family in Durham, UK (with a little sightseeing thrown in);
Fourth stop: Back to London to visit the other side of the Mills family relatives.

Upon returning to the states, Rob had been given a reduction-in-force notice by Salem Hospital and the decision was made to officially retire. This necessitated us selling furniture, packing up "stuff", cleaning and moving out of the Salem residence by December 15th. The next trick was to fit all that "stuff" into the Seal Rock house. Final assessment? Too much "stuff"! So, then...sorting through all the "stuff" and determining what to put in the upcoming church Rummage sale.

The next event was our church secretary resigning her job near the end of December. I was asked to come in and help out, which involved more cleaning, sorting and tossing of "stuff" at the church office. This was followed by a re-vamp and publication of their monthly newsletter.

Now during all this I have continued to have my quiet time and to write prayers each day in my handwritten prayer journal...I just hadn't taken the time to post any of those prayers on my blogsite. One day stretched into two...then...before I knew it a month...then even more days had gone by. I thought, "Well, no one has even noticed that I haven't been posting. No one has even mentioned it, so it isn't a big deal." Of course, the next day I had two different phone conversations where the question was asked, "When are you going to start posting your prayers again?!" Then, a questioning e-mail. Ah, me! Now the question is whether I just post from this day forward, or go back and enter all those other prayers. Still haven't decided...guess you will just have to continue to check, hmmmm?! ;) Today's prayer is posted below...

2 comments:

the blackwells said...

Moving forward is always a good thing...

Hailey said...

I agree with heather's comment. So glad you've been posting. love you and your prayers. they are a daily encouragement to my soul!