Sunday, February 3, 2008

Prayer: Remember...

Ah, Lord God, I look back over my lifetime at all the confusing, difficult, good and even miraculous times, and realize the God of my fathers has been with me through them all. I come now to a time of inadequacy; a time of feeling Your call to be a Kingdom priest, an intercessor. I look at the the world stage and wonder, How, O Lord, do I take up this mantle? I trust that You, O Lord, are with me now, even in this.

O Lord of Hosts, look on the affliction of Your sevant and remember me; forget not Your servant but guide and lead me in this task You present. Do not regard Your servant a worthless woman, for all along I have been speaking out of my great anxiety and vexation of spirit. Forgive me, O Lord, for lack of faith and confidence; may Your Spirit bring to mind and establish Your Word.

Deliver from the hand of the oppressor the ones who have been robbed, and do not allow any wrong or violence to come upon the resident alien, the fatherless, the widow. May innocent blood no longer be shed by evildoers. Shelter Your people with Your Presence so they shall neither hunger or thirst anymore. May the sun not strike them, nor any scorching heat. Be in their midst, O Shepherd of Souls, and guide them to springs of Living Water. May God, the Father of us all, wipe every tear from their eyes and hold them in the palm of His hand. Amen

Genesis 31.5; 1 Samuel 1; Jeremiah 22.3; Revelation 7.14-17

No comments: