Thursday, March 20, 2008

Prayer: Stones of Remembrance


So many times I allow those things which people do to become stones in my way
Yet, You say that You see what was done for harm
And You repay me with good
May I trust Your economy
May I not look at the actions of others and get discouraged
May I choose to lift up those stones upon my shoulders in prayer
And trust Your grace

You know all that comes into my mind
You know all that resides in my heart
You see every tear that falls
Remove the heart of stone
Give me a heart of flesh
Keep me walking in Your truth and Your love

May I love You with all my heart and soul, mind and strength
And love my neighbor as myself
May I not grieve You by choosing hardness of heart
May I bear Your people upon my shoulders as Stones of Remembrance.

Exodus 28.12; Ezekiel 11.5, 19-20; Mark 3.5

No comments: