Sunday, November 4, 2007

Prayer: Singleness of Vision & Purpose

Lord God, I draw near to You. I choose with my whole will to draw near. So many things distract and pull my attention, my focus, off of You. I will myself to be quiet and sit before You. I choose You. Uphold me with Thy free Spirit, O Lord. You are my God; give ear, O Lord, to the voice of my supplication. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King and my God. I meditate upon Your Word. Direct my hopes and yearnings. Break into my life and grant me eyes to see Your hand acting on my behalf. Grant singleness of vision and purpose. May Your Word be written on my heart by Your Spirit. I choose to walk in the freedom of Christ, in oneness with You, my Lord and my God.

Psalm 51.12; Psalm 140.6; 1 Esdras 5.47,58; 2 Corinthians 3.2-3, 17

No comments: